Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGWolfe
Helper IV
Helper IV

Issue Id count created a duplicate?

Hi all,

I have a new submission form attached to a SharePoint list. We have a locked data card with the below formula to "count" and provide a reference number for each submission.

First(Sort('SP List','Issue ID',Descending)).'Issue ID'+1

We have just had a duplicate raised. They were submitted within an hour and a half apart, so my thinking is that two users had the app open and so the same count was raised in both when they finally got around to pressing the submit buttton.

if this is the case, is there a way around this to ensure multiple users can use the form at the same time without creating these duplicates?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DGWolfe ,

SharePoint lists have an ID column (hidden by default) which contains a unique number for each entry. Its value is auto-populated and there is no need to worry about duplication. I suggest you use the ID column directly.

vbofengmsft_2-1669688812812.png

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://code.adonline.id.au/creating-a-custom-unique-id-in-a-sharepoint-list/#:~:text=SharePoint%20l....

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DGWolfe ,

SharePoint lists have an ID column (hidden by default) which contains a unique number for each entry. Its value is auto-populated and there is no need to worry about duplication. I suggest you use the ID column directly.

vbofengmsft_2-1669688812812.png

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://code.adonline.id.au/creating-a-custom-unique-id-in-a-sharepoint-list/#:~:text=SharePoint%20l....

Best Regards,

Bof

@v-bofeng-msft thanks for that! I didn't even think about the obvious! Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,240)