cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendonBrooksP1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Issue: SQL Server: Invalid Mashup Expression

My application is displaying the following error when a user runs it. It had be functioning fine until now. 

"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Invalid Mashup Expression using supplied values. Inner Exception: We cannot convert the value to null type Logical. ClientRequestId: 43449a7b-0081-e108-9179-0aa88aca09a0"

Ive confirmed that the Azure SQL server is up and running. I have not made any changes to any of my formulas for the past few weeks. What causes this error?

v/r

Brendon

21 REPLIES 21

Same issue for me too. Remove the Sort element from the formula and the data is returned. 

Please fix this Microsoft, as this renders my apps useless.

The issue has appeared to be resolved. 

This error has popped back up for me. It appears to be an issue when there is a null value in the column being sorted.

I spoke too soon, it's back for me as well. I received this error when I attempted to change a record in my application:

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Invalid Mashup Expression using supplied values. inner exception: We cannot convert the value null to type Logical. clientRequestId: 540c6987-8a70-d8df-44ea-b9b41e751bde

Oddly enough, the record was actually updated. So I'm just as confused as you all are on this issue. 

Hi @BrendonBrooksP1,

Thanks for the feedback.

The symptom could be reproduced from my side.

The error message would show up only when there are null values get involved in the date related column, confirmed column type which are affected by this issue is the following:

Date

DateTime

DateTime2

Datetimeoffset

Smalldatetime

I have send the feedback from my side.

To workaorund this, please try:

1. Remove the SortByColumns() function,

2. Fill in all the rows of the related column with effective value,

3. Switch to other columns like time, timestamp, or money type, which are not involved in this issue.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I do have a few columns in my Db that use DateTime. Some of these have null data. We'll look into see what sort of data can be put in there as a placeholder so that this error doesnt occur.

I have submitted a suport ticket and someone is working on the issue.  I will keep you updated when I get a response.  They are aware of your post.

@diannottismhThanks! hopefully that issue clears up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get an answer? I am having the same issue?

Cheers!

V

They put in a fix last night.  It looks like the issue has been resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,257)