cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Issue With Selecting Item In Dropdown

I am having a strange issue with a dropdown.

The dropdown filters results based on what the user has selected in another dropdown. Depending on the selection the dropdown might have no results, one result or multiple results. 

I have a onSelect method configured which allows the user to just click the dropdown in a one result scenario.

I have a onChange method configured that calls when the user selects from a dropdown with multiple results. 

The issue is that if the dropdown has more than one result the only way to select the first result is to first select another list item and then change back to the first item.

Anyone know why I am getting this behaviour?

Kind Regards

Jon

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonfarmer4999 ,

Do you mean that the first choice of dropdown can't be selected if items have multiple choices, unless first to select other choices?

Which control do you use? Combo box or DropDown list?

Can you share more properties and formulas of Dropdown? Such as Defaults, Items, OnSelect, OnChange properties.

It is a really weird issue. Maybe you can have a try with new dropdown to check if the issue still remains.

If is, please post more formulas what would be more helpful to check out this issue.

Best regards,

Sik

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Yes that is correct. It is a dropdown

Items: Filter(Opportunities,_customerid_value = Dropdown2.Selected, statecode='Status (Opportunities)'.'0')

Defaults: "1"

onSelect: If(CountRows(Filter(Opportunities,_customerid_value = Dropdown2.Selected, statecode='Status (Opportunities)'.'0')) = 1, Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.CoverRight,{ID: Dropdown1.Selected}))

onChange: Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.CoverRight,{ID: Dropdown1.Selected})

I can't work out why I am getting this behaviour. 

Thanks

Jon

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,298)