cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Issue displaying text in gallery

I'm new to PowerApps, and I'm trying to use the "Start from Data" template to make a basic list of members of an organization. I've imported the data, but when I change the "BrowseGallery1" formula so that the search bar acts as a search bar, for some reason the list goes blank. I know the items are still there because when test run it and search, I get the results I need. It's just that the BrowseScreen1 isn't showing any text. I've refreshed the data and even tried starting a new project, but it keeps giving me this issue. It displays properly if I don't set it to be searchable, but that defeats the purpose of the app.

Attached is a screenshot of what BrowseScreen1 looks like right now. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Update: I figured it out! I tried to find a way to delete this thread, but there didn't seem to be one, so instead I've just edited this message. Thanks!

Update 2: The issue actually turned out to be with my data source. I hadn't noticed, but PowerApps assigned an ID to a bunch of empty records on my dataset, so they were showing up as blank on BrowseScreen1. When I deleted the ID's from the empty records in my data, that fixed my issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bletillafoliosa,

It's okay to keep your post undeleted. Sometimes I find the answer to my question myself. Let us know what you did to solve your issue. It can be helpful to others too.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bletillafoliosa,

It's okay to keep your post undeleted. Sometimes I find the answer to my question myself. Let us know what you did to solve your issue. It can be helpful to others too.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,681)