cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Issue loading data into collection from Dataverse

Hello all,

I am creating an app that allows users to book a desk. I have a table in Dataverse called "Bookings" with information such as desk ID, date, status or who has booked it. 

I also use office365 connection to identify a user when application starts.

The issue is with the load of my collection colBookings, the function is:

ClearCollect(
    colBookings,
    AddColumns(
        Filter(
            Bookings,
            Date in colDates
        ),
        "Desk2",
        Desk.Name,
        "Employee2",
        Employee.Name
    )
);

where colDates is a collection of dates for next 7 days. 

Currently I have 3 records in the table "Bookings"

Termigez00000_0-1610956260267.png

Records number 1 and 2 are records that I created using function Patch inside my application. Record number 3 was created by my colleague inside model-driven application.

Now for some reason when the application loads (using my account), the collection colBookings only collects first two records, the record created by my colleague does not load (and it should have loaded). 

Also when my colleague starts the app the colBookings function does not load those 2 records I created inside the app, it only loads the one record he created himself. 

Any ideas what can cause such issue? We are both co-owners of the app. 

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Termigez00000 ,

I think it’s a security role issue.

Please check whether you and your colleague have permission to view each other's data.

1\ Select the security role you have, then edit it.

2\ Choose Custom Entities and find the Bookings entity.

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1610961998743.png

3\ Give enough permissions to 'Read' and save the setting.

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1610961998743.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for reply.

I checked our security roles and they are the same and there is a permission to read data from "Bookings" table.

I have also investigated this issue further and what I have found is:

1.  When I create new records via patch function in the Canvas App - I can load those records, my colleague can not

2. When he creates new records via patch function in the Canvas App - I can load those records, my colleague can not

3. When I create new record via form in model-driven app - I can load those records, my colleague can not

4. When he creates new record via form in model-driven app - I can not load those records, my colleague can

Do you have any other ideas based on those observations? Or you still believe that something is wrong with security roles and we should look into it more? 

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Termigez00000 ,

This seems to be a strange problem.

I suggest to check if it is a security role issue first.

I suggest you assign a System Administrator role to your account and the account used by your colleagues.

If you still encounter this problem after setting the security role, then I’m afraid the problem is not here.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,405)