cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erick
Advocate III
Advocate III

Issue on iOS with Param() function is the app is already running

Let's say an app is running on an iPhone and a notification is sent through Teams or Outlook with a URL to run the same app but a parameter is passed at the end of the URL, for example ID=5. In this case the app won't get access to the value of the ID param through the Param() function.

The only way to make it work is to close the app or wait until the app is closed (after a certain time) before touching the link with the parameter.

I would like the parameter to be available in the app without having to close it first. Another option would be to close automatically a running instance of the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Erick ,

If you pass the parameter as a Launch command from another app, it solves the issue as the second app cannot be open at the time (and it automatically closes the first app). Other than that, this is more a quirk of the device/app interaction and not something you can solve with any setting or code in Power Apps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Erick ,

If you pass the parameter as a Launch command from another app, it solves the issue as the second app cannot be open at the time (and it automatically closes the first app). Other than that, this is more a quirk of the device/app interaction and not something you can solve with any setting or code in Power Apps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Erick
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your message.

So I created another app named 'App Launcher' that launches my app with the parameter from the URL and exits.

First I tried launching the app from OnStart but it didn't work, then I inserted a timer to do the job. It works 🙂

Wow - this is ingenious!!

Chrissie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,956)