cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bthibeault18
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue sharing model apps to guest users

I have shared a model app with a guest user. That guest user already has a Power Apps environment with their own business applications/model apps. 

When that user tries to access the URL of the model app that is shared with them, they get the "You are not a member of this organization" message: 

bthibeault18_0-1627659306071.png

They have correct permissions and access, I know this because if they sign out, sign back in and access the URL BEFORE they navigate to their own model driven apps, they access the URL just fine. 

BUT when they go to their own model apps again, they get the "You are not a member of this organization" message for their own environment.

This issue DOES NOT happen with shared Canvas apps. 

Why can users not be logged in to 2 model driven app environments at one time? This seems like a severe limitation, unless I am missing something. I know a solution would be to expose the data/use case with a portal or a canvas app, but why can't this work with model apps? The model apps are already built.

3 REPLIES 3
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @bthibeault18 

Check below if this interesting to you 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Ramole, thanks for providing that link but I have already tried that solution

bthibeault18
Advocate II
Advocate II

Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,228)