cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue since last update - An entry is required or has an invalid value

I am finishing up an app created in PowerApps. It's been humming along fine, saving new records, saving edits, etc, until this past Friday where it seems there was another PowerApps update.

Now, whenever a new record is saved I get the error 'An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again.'

The thing is, if I hit save again the record saves just fine. This appears to only be an issue with forms. I've created a new screen, with a new form and still get the same error. In places where I use Patch to create a new record there are no issues. I am using SQL Azure tables as my datasources.

I've also tried the CreateDate field mentioned in another post. I already had the field in all of my tables so I've tried removing it and adding it back and the error is the same both ways.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated as this app was almost complete until the latest update messed it up.

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

I submitted a service request with the PowerApps team and have a Skype meeting scheduled for this afternoon. Hopefully they can tell me more then.

Amy Jo

Highlighted

Fine, please let me know if you have any new information.

Best Regards Wolf

Highlighted

All,

I am told that this issue will be resolved in a release that is scheduled to be sent out in "a few weeks."

Thanks,

Amy Jo

Highlighted

Thanks for the update! 🙂

Highlighted

Thank you, in the meanwhile i did a workaround with the PATCH function which works well if you dont have to much fields...

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been having this issue and cannot wait for the next release.  Has anyone else found a good workaround?  None of the ones suggested so far have worked for me.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still have the issue 😞

Anyone else?

Highlighted

I'm still having the issue. I have been in contact with Microsoft and they thought the release of 2.72 version would fix it, but it didn't they're still investigating.

Amy Jo

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Any response to this issue yet?? This error appears everytime we save a form and can write the record to the Azure SQL DB after the second attempt. 

Highlighted

Hello @PowerAppJammer,

Unfortunately, no I haven't heard anything back from Microsoft yet.

Amy Jo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,788)