cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayralanza

Issue when trying to use patch + form updates

I need to write an app. That holds a questionnaire of 30 questions plus enable attachments in PowerApps. Moreover, record the response to SharePoint. The app screens are custom, so I did not use the default forms. Therefore, I am trying to use the patch plus the form.updates as recommended here:

Solved: Need to add Attachment to a PATCH to a SharePoint ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

I am getting the tittle field is required. Not sure if is ok to have "item" form = defaults(CCSurvey), which I have done since I need the attachment control to receive files. What should I have for the item in my edit form where my attachment control resides?

I have also tried the below, which this is not working. I tried the following:

Set(TempCol,Patch(
CCSurvey,
Defaults(CCSurvey);
{
Title: User().FullName,
'......
}
));

patch(CCSurvey, lookup(CCSurvey, ID = TempCol.ID), {}, Form.Updates);

However, here TempCol does not contain the ID column identifier. Even though, the ID column is displayed in SharePoint. Its there any limitations on how many columns can PowerApps read?

Any suggestions/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mayralanza 

The Patch method on forms eliminates all of the functionality that a form brings to you - and it's valuable.

Please have a look over this video on how to split your forms across multiple screens while preserving the form functionality.  You will find it much easier to do than what you are trying.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
mayralanza

Thank you! I will do that next time. I end up creating a new SharePoint with fewer columns. Once I made sure it worked, I added the rest. Now it is working. I think the issue was that the ID column was lost due to many columns. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,640)