cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerraDawn
Frequent Visitor

Issue when using Environment Variables with Data Containing People Picker Fields

Hi, I have created an app in a DEV environment, configured Power Apps to use automatically create Environment Variables for the data so when I export the app into PROD the connection can be changed to point to the SharePoint Site and SharePoint List in the Production Environment. It is all working good except when the list has People Picker Fields. The app is able to show the data that is in the people picker field but the fields loose the functionality to search or function, other than display data that is already in a list.  

When in Edit I will get a red X symbolling the error in the Items property of the People Picker field.  When in run mode a message will display saying the "The specified record was not found. Server Response: TerrasSolutionTestingList failed:"

I've ran so many tests and keep coming into the issue with the People Picker field.  I'm starting to feel this is a defect in the app.  Has anybody been able to use Environment Variables successfully with People Picker fields?  Anybody else share the same experience to what I am describing?

Creating solutions that use environment variables will be very handy.  I sure hope there is a fix for this as people picker fields are extremely common in all of our datasets.

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,835)