Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelP
Super User
Super User

Issue with DataSourceInfo

Hi

Why does DataSourceInfo in the DisplayName only refer to list field name rather than Column Name ?

This is a problem when moving PowerApps rom Dev to Test or Test to Prod as the field name may be different in each environment whilst the Column Name remains the same.

Thanks 

Nigel

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NigelP ,

This is one of the reasons you should not change column names from the original. I assume you are using SharePoint here as several functions use the "original" field name and unless you have them the same across all sites, you will encounter the issues you describe. I generally settle on the name to start and do not change them after that.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I have not changed the column Names.

I created the original list in Dev using "add column".  I then exported the list using "Export List" and then created the list in production using "Create list from Excel".

The file Names are different in production to Development.

How should I create the list in Production to ensure that the field names are the same ?

Regards

Nigel

Hi @NigelP ,

The problem is the "Create List from Excel" - it sets the "original" names as Field_1, Field_2 etc and there is nothing you can do the change this. Unfortunately, the "Classic" function of exporting and importing Templates seems to be gone, so the only way of duplicating a list that I can see is to create the new list with the file names you want, set up a "Edit in Grid View" with the fields lines up with the Excel export and copy/paste it all in about 50 records at a time. You really need the lists to be identical in name and structure if you want to be transitioning environments/sites.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,178)