cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Datatable - Author/Editor became [object Object]

hello

I have a couple of Datatables in my app which are connected to a SharePoint list. Each have 5 columns, one of which is always Author. Now, after facing the well known bug when all columns on the datatable dissappear and needed to be added back again I discovered that column Author contains on all items the "[object Object]" value instead of falimiar name&surname of a user who has created the item. I've checked and I see the same problem with the Editor field.

If I open older published app everything works fine there - Author columns shows username. However, if I delete column and add it again - II'll get "[object Object]".

Thx in advance for help!

Best,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issue with Datatable - Author/Editor became [object Object]

Silly to answer to myself, in one hour, but maybe it will save time to someone else 🙂

So, it looks like the issue was in the fact that Items in the datatable had the following.

If(!IsBlank(varCustFltr),
   Search(
      Filter('New Application Form', Status=varCustFltr, Approver=User().FullName),
      varAXAccFltr,
      "AX_x0020_number"),
   Search(
      Filter('New Application Form', Approver=User().FullName),
      varAXAccFltr,
      "AX_x0020_number")
)

In this case Data Source was visible as "Custom" and there was an "Author" field possible to choose to show - and I saw "[object Object]". 

Now, I've cleaned Items property, and set it just to 'New Application Form', without any filters. After that field "Created By" actually appeares and after choosing it I see expected usernames. Then I just return formula from above to the Items property - and everything works back again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issue with Datatable - Author/Editor became [object Object]

Silly to answer to myself, in one hour, but maybe it will save time to someone else 🙂

So, it looks like the issue was in the fact that Items in the datatable had the following.

If(!IsBlank(varCustFltr),
   Search(
      Filter('New Application Form', Status=varCustFltr, Approver=User().FullName),
      varAXAccFltr,
      "AX_x0020_number"),
   Search(
      Filter('New Application Form', Approver=User().FullName),
      varAXAccFltr,
      "AX_x0020_number")
)

In this case Data Source was visible as "Custom" and there was an "Author" field possible to choose to show - and I saw "[object Object]". 

Now, I've cleaned Items property, and set it just to 'New Application Form', without any filters. After that field "Created By" actually appeares and after choosing it I see expected usernames. Then I just return formula from above to the Items property - and everything works back again.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,359)