Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Issue with Default Gallery Item

Hi,

I have a data source called 'Tickets'
I have a gallery displaying all items and when I select an item I set a global variable called 'SelectedTicket'
On another page I display a filtered gallery of the same items and I want the default selected item of this gallery to be the 'SelectedTicket' from the previous page.

The Items for this gallery are:

Filter(Tickets,Contact=SelectedTicket.Contact)

The Default of this gallery is:

LookUp(Tickets,TicketNumber=SelectedTicket.TicketNumber)

From everything I know, this should work but the gallery just always displays the first item even if I do a manual 'reset' from a button.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sam

12 REPLIES 12
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@KrishnaV Yes, I've gone with the collection option for now as I don't see any other way and it's working well.

Hi @SamPo ,

I am very happy that it worked for you 😊😊..

Regards,

Krishna

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

I tested all the formulas before sending. Can you Display the formula you used.

The fact that the second Gallery Item stay on top doesn't mean it's the one SELECTED or the default 

That's why I added the template fill for you to know the current SELECTED or Default

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,412)