cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mogulman Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Issue with Edit Screen

I have an app that handles secondary mortgage trades.  I haven't touched it since Sept 2019.  I'm trying to simplify it by adding a few new tables and removing others.  I'm using Azure SQL DB.  I have no problem adding Gallery and Details screens.  When adding the Edit screen I set it to Edit Mode as show below

EditForm.png

When I add a field it won't display in edit mode only view mode.

InsertField.png

Field shows up on form looking like this:

FieldOnForm.png

Even if I unlock field and set it to edit mode it doesn't work. 

UnlockField.png

I had no problems last year doing this.  The table is read/write.  I can use SSMS to add/update records.   What has changed?

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Issue with Edit Screen

Hi @mogulman ,

Firstly, I may be stating the obvious, but when you added the form, you definitely selected an Edit form rather than a View form?
If so a bit of trouble shooting, unlock the card and look at the DisplayMode then the control, which should be Parent.Default.

mogulman Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I'm sure I did an Edit form but I did it again just to be sure before I posted.  I think I know what the problem is.  This is a grandfathered SQL Server DB app.  I'm thinking you can't add features to a grandfathered app.  I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a per app license.  We have a small organization so not a huge impact.  This whole grandfathered app is ridiculous.  Any highly valued app is going to require enhancements.

WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @mogulman ,

That sounds logical, but disappointing from your point of view.

A suggestion if the db is only updated from PowerApps  - you can update SQL with one per User licence with a Flow with a data subset in SharePoint and a "when an item is created or changed" trigger. You need to be aware of the server API number limits, but it works with small numbers. Syncing in return if necessary needs a timer flow to avoid a continuous loop, but be aware of limits.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,509)