cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewCitera
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue with Nested Gallery View after update on 1/17/22 version 3.21123.25

Is anyone else experiencing issues with functionality that worked prior to 1/17 and are now no longer working post 1/17?

Our application uses nested galleries for accordion style menu drop downs which worked fined for multiple months prior to 1/17. There was an auto-upgrade of Power Apps studio version from 3.21115.37 to 3.21123.25 which caused multiple regressions.

I could not find any documentation on planned regressions from this update. Any guidance from the community would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

@AndrewCitera We have identified an issue with nested galleries where in some configurations an unhandled error occurs which may cause Studio sessions to become unstable or Player sessions to restart.  We have begun deployment of a fix--it should be available this week with Studio version 3.22022. Depending on your region, you may need to manually choose this version it from Settings -> Support -> Authoring version -> Edit. I will post a direct link as well once it becomes available.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndrewCitera ,

Yes - see this post of mine, although mine was different. 

Thank you for the response Warren. I had a bit of trouble following your solution from the post you referenced. Would you be able to share specifically the steps you took to resolve the issue? Granted the bugs that popped up appear to be different it may be helpful to see where you were impacted and how it was resolved. 

Hi @AndrewCitera ,

I ran a monitor session to determine what was "misfiring". It was the Visible and DisplayMode of a couple of buttons on the intro screen. There were no errors in the code, but it was a bit complex referencing other controls. I just kept changing it (many attempts) until it finally ran without error. This ultimately involved changing the control value references to variables set when they were changed (obviously you should not have to do this) and replacing one of them before adding the new code.

_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

@AndrewCitera We have identified an issue with nested galleries where in some configurations an unhandled error occurs which may cause Studio sessions to become unstable or Player sessions to restart.  We have begun deployment of a fix--it should be available this week with Studio version 3.22022. Depending on your region, you may need to manually choose this version it from Settings -> Support -> Authoring version -> Edit. I will post a direct link as well once it becomes available.

Thank you! I've marked this as a solution - unfortunately we ended up having to rebuild our galleries since we could not wait for this fix to be pushed. It cost a lot of time and money; however, I am glad the root cause was identified and a fix was implemented. 

_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

@AndrewCitera I'm sorry to hear that you had to rebuild your galleries.  If you do come across the issue again, Studio version 3.22022 should now be available, depending on your region, either directly or via the version selector in Settings -> Support:

_Corey__0-1645663666094.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,799)