cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan92
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Nested Gallery rendering

Hi,

I seem to have an issue with the rendering of my galleries when I use the function groupBy with CountA or CountRows

for illustration:

function groupBy is on property items of the parent gallery

function groupBy

function CountA is on property height of the child gallery. It serves to set the height of the gallery if the item of the parent is selected.

function CountA

The rendering is like this as soon as write that.

Rendering of the screen

Is anybody has an idea of the reason? Is anybody experienced this by the past?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonathan92 

Do you want to create an expander gallery like this?

GIF_68.gif

To create an Expander gallery, please ensure the Main Gallery is the flexible height gallery that the row height of each item is adaptive.

I also feel confused with CountA function applied to Sub-Gallery.Height property. CountA function only counts the number of records that aren't blank, I don't think this return value can support the height of the sub-gallery, so I added a base multiplier, 50  shown as below:

Snipaste_2020-04-28_14-12-22.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonathan92 

Do you want to create an expander gallery like this?

GIF_68.gif

To create an Expander gallery, please ensure the Main Gallery is the flexible height gallery that the row height of each item is adaptive.

I also feel confused with CountA function applied to Sub-Gallery.Height property. CountA function only counts the number of records that aren't blank, I don't think this return value can support the height of the sub-gallery, so I added a base multiplier, 50  shown as below:

Snipaste_2020-04-28_14-12-22.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Yes, this is what I am trying to do.

But weirdly both galleries bugg when I enter CountA function in order to calculate the height the child gallery should be when I select a record in the parent gallery.

Hi @Jonathan92 ,

Please try to set the Height of SubGalllery as follows, and adjust the font size and label size to fit.

If(ThisItem.IsSelected; CountRows(ThisItem.contactData)*50;0)

I attached a sample expander gallery for your reference, please find the attachment.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,575)