cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karimabdelrazek
Resolver I
Resolver I

Issue with PowerApps Collection. Was working and now it's not!!

Hi,

I have a navigation bar with its items collected in the OnStart property of the application. I have not touched this navigation bar or its collection for months as it was working perfectly. Today, it's not. The navigation bar shows different items each time I run the OnStart command in the app. My connection is very good and not timing out. I've refreshed my Dataverse Tables to make sure the collection is capturing the latest data. Still the same issue.

Is there something new that's happened that I'm not aware of? Is this a known bug? I was planning on taking the app into production soon, and need to understand what is driving this error before I roll out. Any advice/suggestions/insights would be very highly appreciated.

BR

Karim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
karimabdelrazek
Resolver I
Resolver I

@PG_WorXz10 . I found the culprit. I was getting the IconImage.Full whereas I should have been retrieving the IconImage.Value

Everything is back to normal. I'm still not sure why this became a problem all of a sudden whereas it's been working flawlessly for some months now. Still, any insights on what may have triggered this failure would be much appreciated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @karimabdelrazek ,

Could you please share the code you check if there is any modification required in the code ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hi @PG_WorXz10 ,

I've taken the source code from the navigation component, because I'm also facing the same issue when populating the menu items in the component library.

In the below code, IconIDinCol refers to an image ID that is stored in a Dataverse Table.

Table(
{
IconName: "Home",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0020",
IconToolTipText:"Home",
Screen:App.ActiveScreen
},{
IconName: "Setup",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0026",
IconToolTipText:"Setup",
},{
IconName: "VM & CI",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0027",
IconToolTipText:"VM & CI",
},{
IconName: "SM",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0028",
IconToolTipText:"SM",
},{
IconName: "CD",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0029",
IconToolTipText:"CD",
},{
IconName: "Comms",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0030",
IconToolTipText:"Comms",
},{
IconName: "CA NW",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0031",
IconToolTipText:"CA NW",
},{
IconName: "MRA&R",
IconIDinCol: "Icon-ID-0032",
IconToolTipText:"MRA&R",
}
)

This is the code that captures the Dataverse table items and stores into the collection during the OnStart. Each Table contains the settings for different controls and screen elements (e.g. labels, dropdowns, buttons, etc.)

Concurrent(
Clear(col_IconImageBrandAttributes);
Collect(
col_IconImageBrandAttributes,
IconIMAGEENTITY
),
Clear(col_FontStyle);
Collect(
col_FontStyle,
FontStyleENTITY
),
Clear(col_ButtonStyle);
Collect(
col_ButtonStyle,
ButtonsENTITY
),
Clear(col_TextInputStyle);
Collect(
col_TextInputStyle,
TextInputFieldENTITY
),
Clear(col_ImageBrandAttributes);
Collect(col_ImageBrandAttributes,ImageEntity),
Clear(col_DropdownStyle);
Collect(col_DropdownStyle,DropdownENTITY),
Clear(col_DatePickerStyle);
Collect(col_DatePickerStyle,DatePickerENTITY)
)

karimabdelrazek
Resolver I
Resolver I

@PG_WorXz10 . I found the culprit. I was getting the IconImage.Full whereas I should have been retrieving the IconImage.Value

Everything is back to normal. I'm still not sure why this became a problem all of a sudden whereas it's been working flawlessly for some months now. Still, any insights on what may have triggered this failure would be much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,397)