Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
beans
Level: Powered On

Issue with Saving a new form when app runs for the first time

We are facing a strange error that we are able to replicate every time

1. Launch the  app and takes you to the gallery
  2. Click + sign to add a new form(Form A) ; Navigates to Screen1 with Newform mode.
  3. The drop down fields are set to Select one and all fields are blank including checkboxes; Enter required fields  ( includes drop down selection, check boxes and text input boxes) for Form A;  
  4. Click on option  within Form A to navigate to Screen 2. The Onselect function Submits Form A to CDS entity and navigates to Screen 2 and passes context variables. The drop down selections and the check boxes on  Form A get reset to default values, Select One for dropdown values and blanks for checkboxes, and saves these default or blanks to CDS.
  5. Repeat steps 2 & 3 & 4 again from the gallery and data selected on Form A is saved correctly
  6. No issues either if we just click the SAVE option. But when SAVE is combined with Navigate for the first time, we are having this issue

The Onstart for the App:

ClearCollect(MyGroups,GraphAPI.GetMembers("be672d7b-5c93-41c9-8e32-521241b72e22").value);If((User().Email) in MyGroups.mail,Set(Belongstogroup,"Yes"),Set(Belongstogroup,"No"))

The visibility property for Screen 1 sets on and off context variables for hiding and displaying sections.  But nothing else.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issue with Saving a new form when app runs for the first time

Hi @beans,

"The drop down fields are set to Select one and all fields are blank including checkboxes", may I know how did you achieve this? Normally dropdown controls would show all the options.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
beans
Level: Powered On

Re: Issue with Saving a new form when app runs for the first time

Hello Mona,

I have opened a ticket with MS two weeks back ( Mindtree team services it) and it finally received some traction this week.  They have asked for fiddler logs etc.. which we provided on Wed.  The issue is:  the user makes a selection for a required value from a list of values ( Select One is the first one), when the user selects an option that 'saves the parent and navigates to another page to collect child records", the user selection gets reset to Select one and this "Select One" value gets stored in CDS instead of the user selection. This ONLY happens when the app is "run" for the first time. If the user repeats the same scenario, it does not occur.  If they close the app and come back to it, it occurs.  It is also not repeatable in "edit" maker mode.  

I hope my explanation helps. Otherwise feel free to reach me via private chat.

Thanks

Bia

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,091)