cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csteig1230
Helper I
Helper I

Issue with Stream Video Control on Android Devices

I have an app that uses the Microsoft Stream Video control to stream video from Microsoft Stream.  It works fine in PC browsers and on iPhone (on iPhone it launches the video in a new 'window', but still inside the PowerApps app).  However I have a couple users with Android phones and when they select the video they get a message prompting them to sign in (even if they already are):

csteig1230_0-1597425902715.jpeg

When they select sign-in it launches their phone's web browser (in this case Chrome on Android) but it tries to navigate to 'web.microsoftstream.com/null' and they get a message saying 'This page isn't available'.  Even if they seperately navigate to Stream in the browser and sign in or install the Stream app and sign into that, they get the same thing.  Any ideas?

csteig1230_1-1597425922490.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

Can you provide any other info? Curious because I tested this right now on an Android device and it works fine. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

ProgrammerJaDe

This is broken on the iPhone as well. If you do start playing a video, it pops open another screen for it. I can then close that screen and the video will continue playing in the background without having any control of it. I can even close the app and open a different powerapp and the video will still keep playing in the background with no way to stop it. I need to force close PowerApps or I need to reopen the app with the stream link (which resets the loaded pop up window) and can pause the video from there. Still broken.  I wish it just played in the app like you would expect instead of the pop up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,268)