cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Issue with Win10 app text inputs

Hey PowerApps team, I just wanted to relay an issue I noticed while working on an app today. I have an app under development that is essentially a data entry system. The first data entry step is a form with text inputs, combo boxes, and one date entry.

I am noticing that there are some issues with the text inputs when they have the Clear field set to true. When using the online version, if I enter text in a text input, it shows the Clear button. If I hit tab, it will select that Clear button. So far, so good.

New Ticket Form online.pngApp onlineNew Ticket Form online, tabbed once.pngApp online, tab hit once 

If I enter text on the Win10 version, the Clear button doesn't seem to be there. Upon hitting the tab key, it would appear that the Clear button is in fact there but it is pushed to the right, just out of view. Tabbing also reveals a small black dot in the upper right area of the text box, which I assume is a corner of the Cancel button's X. The text shifts over slightly to the left as well.

New Ticket Form W10 app.pngWin10 appNew Ticket Form W10 app, tabbed once.pngWin10 app, tab hit once

Furthermore, in the above screenshots it can be seen that the selection buttons for the combo boxes are a bit out of sorts, particularly in the Win10 app where they appear to be truncated on the right side and occasionally the top border looks about a pixel smaller in width, but also in the online app where they have occasionally have a pixel or so white border around one or two sides. I noticed the date picker had this issue as well. This is a minor issue but since it was there in the screenshots, I figured it was worth a short paragraph.

I am fairly certain that the text box issue is related to the issue covered in this thread but the added issue of highlighting a non-visible cancel control made me think it was worth another thread.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Issue with Win10 app text inputs

Hi @wyotim ,

Sorry but I didn't see any Clear button or Tabs in all your 4 screenshots. Would you please highlight the important part of your screenshots? Maybe you could use he Spinning Tool and the Highligher inside.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Re: Issue with Win10 app text inputs

@v-monli-msftThe Clear button refers to the "X" that is added to single line text inputs when you set the Clear property to true. Tab refers to using the tab key on the keyboard in conjuction with the ability to set a TabIndex on controls. I know that the wording can be confusing given tabbed interfaces and button controls that have "Clear" as the text; my apologies for not making it very clear.

Here are some updated screenshots with highlighting to point out what I am refering to.

New Ticket Form online_LI.jpgOnline appNew Ticket Form online, tabbed once_LI.jpgOnline app, tab key hit once with cancel X selected

This is the expected behaviour where hitting the tab key allows the user to easily clear an input if needed or hit the tab key again to proceed to the next field. 

New Ticket Form W10 app_LI.jpgWin10 appNew Ticket Form W10 app, tabbed once (2)_LI.jpgWin10 app, tab key hit once with small dot where cancel X is hidden but selected

The Win10 app doesn't appear to have the "X" but when the user hits the tab key, the text shifts over slightly and a very small dot about the size of a pixel appears. If the user were to hit the enter key, the input would clear out as the "X" is there and selected, it is just off to the right. If the user were to hit the tab key again they would proceed to the next field.

The other stuff I mentioned can be seen if you enlarge the image but it is a smaller issue than whole elements being obscured, at least in my mind.

Does that help a bit more? Again, apologies for the lack of clarity and precision in my description of the issue. Thank you for taking a look at this. I appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,172)