cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with combobox value

Guys. I Need to make a Card value that is the formula Lookup, based on a ComboBox value, returning another value, the data is a excel spreadsheet.

When I enter the Edit mode Page, the lookup does not calculate the formula, so I checked that the issue is on the combobox value, when you enter the EditMode Page with a ComboBox value, the value shows on the combobox, but it actually has no value....

let me try to explain in images.

1 - this is happened when I click on my gallery on the edit mode, so the form is editable, but the CB value is wierd, as I said,

the value appears, but is blank...

f1.png

And this happens when I change the value of the CB to the same value....

F2.png

Im using on the DefaultSelectedItems property of the CB this formula : {Value:ThisItem.Sintoma}, to bring the value registered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think I have your point, I had the same issue with a SharePoint lookup column in a combobox.
I had also an empty collection when trying to get the combobox.selected.
Can you set a variable like Set(sintoma,ThisItem.Sintoma)

Then you compare your variable structure and your collection structure and you'll see they are not the same.

Your combobox expects item with the collection strcstruc whereas your DataSource expects item with your variable structure. 

Théo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

I supposed you have changed your combobox.Items property to put directly a DataSource instead of the default Choice(column). 

By doing so you have a difference between your combobox control items structure and you DataSource column structure. 

That resolve of being enble to use ThisItem.column as a DefaultSelectedItem property of the combobox .

You have to put in DefaultSelectedItem property an item that match the combobox structure, by doing a lookup() or first(filter()).

Let say

Combobox.Items : mylist

ThisItem.colLookUp.value : "test"

Combobox.defaultselecteditems : lookup(mylist,value=ThisItem.colLookUp.value)

If you have a doubt on the structure of your combobox items you can add a button that : ClearCollect(mycb,combobox.Selected)

Then you check the structure of the collection and make sure the item you out in DefaultSelectedItem has the same .

Théo

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @tchin-nin..

Thanks for the reply.

I dont think I get your point or you didnt get mine, let me try to explain it again.

The problem is that when I click to edit my form for the first time, the CB.Value is showed, until that it is OK.

But when I did a text box to show me the CB.Value, it shows blank, and also the lookup formula didn't bring any result, before that I assume that the CB shows the value but it is actually with no value(?)...This is confusing me...

After I change the CB value to anything the formula calculates OK...

I have tried to do your example doing an collection showing the items of the CB, and I got the same result.

WHen I Click to edit the record I want, the CB shows a value, but the gallery is empty, when I change the CB value to anything, the collection collects the result...

I need to when click on the edit form, the lookup calculates based on the CB value, so I dont need to change it everytime to calculate...

tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think I have your point, I had the same issue with a SharePoint lookup column in a combobox.
I had also an empty collection when trying to get the combobox.selected.
Can you set a variable like Set(sintoma,ThisItem.Sintoma)

Then you compare your variable structure and your collection structure and you'll see they are not the same.

Your combobox expects item with the collection strcstruc whereas your DataSource expects item with your variable structure. 

Théo

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually with the variable worked....Thanks so much @tchin-nin.

Stays as a feedback to microsoft team this as an issue with CB!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,589)