cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prototype1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Issue with custom connector

Created a custom connector with secure logic app using API management. Facing the issue where the user is getting the permission popup similar to this in the power app. After clicking on "Fix connection", the connector asks the user to allow the permission. How can we skip this step completely?

prototype1_1-1598613574007.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @prototype1 ,

If you want the popup not to come up after you have given permissions to the canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps currently.

After you bypass the consent of your canvas app using the solution I provided above, the Popup would be shown up only when these end users run your shared app first time. When they run your shared app next time, this Popup would not be shown up any more.

Please try the solution I provided above, then check if it could help in your scenario. If it is helpful, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prototype1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?
Do you want to skip the "Allow Permission" step completely?

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, actually, it is actually a normal behavior in running a shared app including custom connector connection.

When you share an app that uses a custom connector, the custom connector would be automatically shared, but users must create their own connections to it. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources#custom-connectors

So each time when your end user run this shared app (including Custom connector action), it would ask them to provide their credential to create a connection to the Custom connector.

If you want to get rid of showing up the "Allow Permission" dialog each time when you run this shared app, I think the Set-AdminPowerAppApisToBypassConsent Power Apps PowerShell command could achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following thread solution could achieve your needs:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-User-Permission/m-p/176844#M58653

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/End-Users-receive-pop-up-asking-for-permissi...

More details about Power Apps PowerShell commands, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the response.

Basically as a user I would not want this popup to come up after I have given permissions to the app. Its a bit annoying to see the same popup while using the application and does not present a seamless experience.

On the part of bypassing the consent, it seems worthwhile trying out.

Hi @prototype1 ,

If you want the popup not to come up after you have given permissions to the canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps currently.

After you bypass the consent of your canvas app using the solution I provided above, the Popup would be shown up only when these end users run your shared app first time. When they run your shared app next time, this Popup would not be shown up any more.

Please try the solution I provided above, then check if it could help in your scenario. If it is helpful, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Powerplatform01
Post Patron
Post Patron

Watch this video to resolve your issue

https://youtu.be/hXaorq9o_90

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,896)