Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ocin33
Helper II
Helper II

Issue with form clearing, variable and clearing the sharepoint list

Hello,

I am the beginner and have a problem with power apps app.

I have the Sharepoint list with particular dates that can be chosen in the app. User chooses the date, put data and everything appears on the sharepoint list. The problem is when I want to delete data. I put the button that sets variable, then the variable is used to change Yes/No button to "No", then other fields are cleared with IF function related with the variable.

The issue is:

1. Data do not vanish fron the sharepoint list. Only the "Yes/No" button changes:

ocin33_1-1627045818514.png

2. When I use the button once, other records do not have the preview. All fields are empty in the application because Yes/No button is left to "No" while it is "Yes" on the sharepoint list

ocin33_0-1627045792471.png

Can you tell me what to change to achieve my goal (delete data from the sharepoint)

In attachements you can find screens presenting the app and formulas 

13 REPLIES 13
techMK

If you want to delete the item. simply have a button which delete said item by using Remove([DataSet],[Condition])
If you dont want to delete any item but rather filter out rows with false value simply adjust your Gallery / Items to: Filter([DataSet], ![yes/no column] )   or   Filter([DataSet],[yes/no column] = false)).

If you are too stubborn and you want to delete items using Toggle:

Event: OnSelect → Remove([DataSet],ThisItem)  //basically a button now

Or 

Event: OnChange → Remove([DataSet],ThisItem) // alt: Remove([Collection],Gallery.Selected.ID = ThisItem.ID)

Ramole
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ocin33 

Try this 

Remove('Desks List',ThisItem)

Add OnChange of the toggle 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

I think I will use this solution and create the button inside the gallery. Tell me please how can I clear the column in the Sharepoint list when I have a dropdow there (everything else is working except the dropdown columns)

ocin33_0-1627293371362.jpeg

OK, I am assuming Typ_samochudo is a choice type column. If so, please do two things to allow clearing of that column within your Patch():

1. Turn on the Formula-level error management experimental feature under the File > Settings > Upcoming features > Experimental
  2. Revise that field change in your Patch to:      'Typ samochodu': Blank();

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,015)