cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Issue with item property in the form control

I am currently facing a pretty serious issue with submitting data to  SharePoint from a custom form. 

The issue is somehow related to If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('YourListName'),SharePointIntegration.Selected) 

Often i will log a choice value to a variable, when the user opens the form in edit mode. Then i will compare it to the DataCardValue.Selected.Value once they submit the form to see if the value changed.

I have now noticed a strange behavior when submitting the form. The form will briefly flash in wrong values, when the form submits(it happens just as the form window closes). It seems like these values are values from the first item in the list. The values arent saved in the datasource, but DataCardValue.Selected does now not contain the correct value, because of this. I have tested it with a PowerApps trigger, and i can verify, that the flow is indeed triggered with values from the first item in the list and not values from the item, that was just submitted.

This makes it close to impossbile to do any form of logic with the PowerApps trigger, which is in my opinion one of the greatest selling points for PowerApps.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Issue with item property in the form control

Found a temporary workaround where I will set the DataCardValue.Selected.Value variable on the OnSelected property. The wrong values will still flash in when form is submitted, which is quite confusing for the user, but atleast the variable will be set correctly for the Flow. I tried with the Onchange property, but that also reacts to the flashing of wrong values and counts it as a change.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WilliamVingaard how is the workaround performing so far? 

@Anonymous 

Highlighted

It works, but it is confusing for the users that they think wrong values are being submitted, and also keeps us from setting variables and evaluating datacardvalues in the onsucces and onchange property. I have tested it on several tenants on newly created custom forms, that havent been modified at all. It is the same issue everywhere.
Highlighted

I have now experienced similar issue with the FormMode. When the NewForm is submitted it will briefly flash the EditForm. This also makes any if statement regarding FormMode in the OnSucces property of the form void, as the FormMode is detected as being in EditMode eventhough its a new form. These timing issues makes it hard to do logic in custom forms. To circumvent it I have set my own Form variable in the SharePointIntegration property in regards to OnNew, OnEdit and OnView.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,631)