cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Issue with my Menu Component in some cases

Hi,

I designed a component for the left menu of my app (the menu contains 2 levels with a gallery inside a gallery, I don't know yet if it's relevant) and I have inserted it in most of my screens (9-10).

Everything works fine when I'm in the studio but if I'm launching the app:

When I arrive on my home screen, everything is OK (the menu component, the header component and the content is displayed).

If I click on one item in the menu, I "navigate" to another screen and :

- If there is no menu component in the screen, the screen is correctly displayed (header component and content)

- If there is the menu component, then only the header component is displayed. The menu component and the content is not displayed. Note that the header component don't get the input variables.

I tried to use a button to see if the issue was with the menu and the result is :

- When arrived on home screen, if I click first on the button to navigate to the same screen as the previous test : It works ! Screen is correct and complete. Then I can come back to home screen and now use the menu to access the same screen and it is still working and keeps working until I close the app.

- When arrived on home screen, if I click first on the menu to access always the same screen, then the screen is not correctly displayed (only header component without input variables set). If I go back to home screen, the click on the button gives the same incorrect behavior.

If I replace the component with the content of the component (copy/paste from component library), then the screen is OK.

I have attached my component library.

If you have any idea for a solution, a place to look, an explanation, some more info to provide...

PS : the issue seems to happen if the component is on the home screen and the target screen.

Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,844)