cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenkaSalacova
Level: Powered On

Issue with restoring older version

Hi,

I need to restore older version of my app. But I am getting following error message:

"Restore failed. 'My App' is locked by Surname Name (name.surname@company.com)"

We use Power BI, Apps and Flow in our company. I for sign in my domain credentials are used. My user ID is surname@company.com

But my standard email eddress is name.surname@company.com.

I do not understand why my app is locked by "name.surname@comapny.com" user as I never used this email for log in and it even does not exist. To be sure I tried to log in as "name.surname@comapny.com" but I received following error:  The user ID you entered does not exist. Please check that you have typed your user ID correctly.

Do you have any idea how come my app is locked by user which was never signed in? And how to fix that?

Thanks

Lenka

9 REPLIES 9
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Issue with restoring older version

Its actually the same user.  What you are seeing in the error message is the display name for the user (the email address) while the login is the UserPrincipalName (UPN). I suspect you have the current version of the app open in a different window and that is why you can't restore the previous version. Close all the windows where you have the app open and you should be able to restore it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
LenkaSalacova

Hello,

I do not have Power Apps opened in a different tab, window or browser. Checked a few times. I cleared cache, cookies, I restarted my notebook.

Find screenshot attached. I feel like Power Apps thinks name.surname@company.com is a different user. As I am signed as surname@company.com.

Lenka

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you've had it open recently it could still be locked by you.  re-open the current version of the app and explicitly close it.  Then try again.  The server may have it flagged as open in a session if you just closed a tab.

LenkaSalacova

Ok, that would make sense. I opened the app and then I clicked on File > Close and I cloced the tab then.
The issue persists.

Is there a way how to check or change the flag on server manually? Or is there some cache?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

No cache that I'm aware of, and since its Office 365 you don't have access to the server to reset anything.  About your only choice would be to open a service ticket for help.  

Have you shared the app with anyone else?  If not then it has to be your user account that has it locked.

LenkaSalacova

Hi,

service ticket sounds good. Do yo uhave any idea how to do that?

I found this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection

But when selecting Dynamics > Power Apps it forces me to go to https://admin.powerapps.com/environments where I do not see any oprion to create any ticket.

Lenka

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Go to this page: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and click on 'Create Support Ticket'.

Fill in the form that you are presented with to create a support ticket.  Not sure if you need to be a global admin to do this, but its possible.

Highlighted
LenkaSalacova

@Pstork1  Thank you for your guidance! :))

Ticket created. Will see how it will come...

LenkaSalacova

Just to keep you updated with news for this case.

I was contacted by Microsoft byt their response once a week regarding scheduling a call is not effective ://

BUT I found out I can restore version which is a week old. But not a month old. So I feel like currect Power Apps version is not compatible with the old ones.

If this is the case I hope Microsoft will announce release of new version and information what old versions will not be compatible any more. And it could be also visible in the list of old versions for each app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,306)