cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues - Pull Data From Table whose Source Is a Collection

All,

I hope you will be able to help me with this one, I am having issues pulling data from a data table whose source is a collection.

I have a collection setup called "addSoftware" that contains a series of ID#s and a set of numbers called "Pressure Options"

I am successfully pulling this collection into a data table and performing some computations on the data using AddColumns.  However, I am unable to use the LookUp command to pull a single value out of the table, even though I can pull data directly from the collection using LookUp.  The forum is not allowing me to post screenshots just yet, so I have put some code snippets below.   Any ideas?

This code pulls successfully from the collection and adds a few columns to a new table called "DataTable2"

AddColumns(addSoftware,"multiplied",Pressure_x0020_Options*5, "prev ID", If(ID=1,0,ID-1))

This code pulls a value successfully from the collection

LookUp(addSoftware,ID=2,Pressure_x0020_Options)

This code fails to pull data from "DataTable2" - regardless of whether it is a calculated column or not.  I have tried something similar on data tables that aren't pulling directly from a collection and am having a similar issue. 

LookUp(DataTable2,ID=2,Pressure_x0020_Options)

Cheers and have a good weekend,

-Zac

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please share the collection here? Seems to me that this should work as expected.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, sorry on the late reply to this.  I cannot share the collection because it is proprietary data.

But - good news it magically started working after the latest update, who knows.

-zac

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,833)