cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Issues Resetting Text Input

I've looked for similar situations but haven't quite found my issue. 
First Picture Below: You see my flex-height Gallery with 2 items currently expanded. UNDER assigned group SHOULD be the value within a Text Input Control. (there is a label to the right showing the same value, but i need a text input because this is functions as a form) 
Top row: assigned Group Default Text Input isn't taking effect. But in the second row, you can see the assigned group populating underneath.Top row: assigned Group Default Text Input isn't taking effect. But in the second row, you can see the assigned group populating underneath.

Here you can see the Default value for the TextInput1_64 is CORRECTLY ThisItem.'Assigned Group'You can see the default code applied to the text input.You can see the default code applied to the text input.
I know ThisItem.'Assigned Group' is correct, because i dropped it into a label and placed it into the gallery, and that works perfectly as expected, BUT I NEED TEXT INPUTYou can see the label works correctly down the gallery, showing the correct values, using the SAME CODE AS THE DEFAULTYou can see the label works correctly down the gallery, showing the correct values, using the SAME CODE AS THE DEFAULT

I've tried to execute the default code by resetting my textinput control. No Use. Not even the Reset works. Default code is not  executed.Not even the Reset works. Default code is not executed.I completely do not understand why my Text Inputs aren't showing the values on default. My mind is blown. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@KyleJ 

Could you try setting the mode property of the text input control to TextMode.MultiLine?

On the off chance that there is a carriage return that appears before the word "Product", this would eliminate that possibility.

Highlighted

CHanged to multiline, no effect. Thanks for the idea, though! 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

To diagnose this further, perhaps you could set the default property of your text input control to Len(ThisItem.'Assigned Group').

If your text input control displays 5 (for Product), that would validate that the text input control can connect correctly to the 'Assigned Group' data item.

Also, could you confirm the data source and data type of the 'Assigned Group' field? It wouldn't happen to be something like a CDS option set field?

Highlighted

Sharepoint is the back end. i created the list myself.

Assigned Group Is a single line of text field. 

and upon changing the default to Len(ThisItem.'Assigned Group') I get the correct numbers. 
Issue5.png

Which is telling us that it is correctly pulling the data. i now am even more confused as to why the literal text won't appear. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

This is very curious - it's good that the length function returns the correct value though (let's pretend I didn't suggest earlier that Product consisted of 5 characters!)

When you set the default property of the text input control to ThisItem.'Assigned Group', if you click the mouse into the control at runtime, are there any 'phantom' characters that you can select? For instance, do the characters appear in the control for selection with the mouse, but are invisible? Or is there completely nothing in the text input control?

Highlighted

I want to smack myself with my own keyboard......................................

SOMEHOW the format option was set to Number. Why it was still showing product on the second option, i truly don't know. But also don't care...

set that right back to text and we're good to go....

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Glad you got to the bottom of that! There was a part of me that suspected that might have been the cause when the control was displaying 7 correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,184)