cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Issues Setting Global Variable

I had posted this issue previously and thought it was solved, but I am still having problems.

I have the following formula in the OnSelect of the next arrow of a gallery (FavProd😞

Select(Parent)
;If(FavProd.Selected.ChkF=Lower("false"),Set(VarChkF,false),Set(VarChkF,true))
;Navigate(Mixing,ScreenTransition.Fade)

I have tried setting FavProd.Selected.ChkF equal to:

1.  false 
  2. "false"
  3. Lower("false") (as shown above. This was out of desperation to find a solution)

To help troubleshoot, I have two text labels - one with FavProd.Selected.ChkF, (results in false, which is correct) the other with VarChkF (results in true no matter what I have tried). 

Side note: I have a total of three occurances of setting VarChkF in the app. In addition to the one above, the other two occurances set VarChkF to false via (Set(VarChkF, false)).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@ASG94
I was finally able to test on a computer. You want to compare against the value “False”. First letter is uppercase and the rest are lowercase.

Select(Parent)
;If(FavProd.Selected.ChkF=“False",Set(VarChkF,false),Set(VarChkF,true))

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@AGS94 

What does the table in your datasource look like?  Could you please share a screenshot?

Highlighted

Here your go. Note that all formulas referecning the various column values are working as expected in the gallery's NextArrow1.OnSelect except the Chk"x"s (B thru F). 

PA20191004.png

Highlighted

deleted post
Highlighted

Actually I only have one favorite saved thus far (shown in row 8 of the Excel worksheet pic) - the blank rows are not part of the actual Excel table that my app is referencing. So far the only rows in the table are rows 7 and 8 and those are the only rows the app is actually referencing.  As I save a favorite, a new row will be added to the Excel table and the app will then be able to reference that new row as well.

The way I have it set up is when a new favorite is saved, ChkB through ChkF will always either be true or false. I have verified via a text label that FavProd.Selected.ChkF does indeed return false as is shown in Cell V8. Also verified, for example, that FavProd.Selected.ChkD returns true as shown in Cell T8.

That said, if I do as you suggest, wouldn't the result always be true? My apologies if I am missing anything.

Highlighted

@AGS94
I deleted my latest post right before you posted back. I was looking at the column called ItmF instead of ChkF. That’s why my response did not make any sense.

Please do two more things for me.
1. Click on cell V8. Take a screenshot. Let me see what is in the Excel formula bar.
2. Try the formula =TYPE(V8) on a blank cell in your spreadsheet. This will return a number that tells us the data type. Let me know the result.
Highlighted

@ASG94
You might also want to try replacing lower(“false”) with upper(“false”)
Highlighted

Screenshots below. No formula in V8, just text (as shown). I clicked on the cell to get the Type and also keyed in TYPE(V8). Both returned "4" (shown in Cell C2)

I also tried "Upper" and still the same results.

This seams to be a simple formula. No idea why the trouble.  Thanks for sticking with me on this one.

SHot2.pngshot1.png

Highlighted

@ASG94
I was finally able to test on a computer. You want to compare against the value “False”. First letter is uppercase and the rest are lowercase.

Select(Parent)
;If(FavProd.Selected.ChkF=“False",Set(VarChkF,false),Set(VarChkF,true))

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It worked! I owe you a virtual beer. Thanks for all the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,276)