cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Emailing a Collection

Hi,

I am new to power apps but have gained some ground in the last 2 months and now I have hit a road block and was wondering if someone could help me? I have built a portion of my app where my regional sales managers can request product samples and send me an email notification. I have built the collection and can email my collection - NO PROBLEM. My problem is that My collection will ONLY email the latest entry. So lets say I have 5 Unique entries in my collection - When the email notification is sent - I will only see the latest entry - 5 times in a row, I don't get the rest od the unique entries in the email. Has anyone come across this before? Please help and thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Resolver I
Resolver I

Would you be able to provide a bit more detail about how you are sending the email? What service are you using (Flow, the Office365 connector etc.)? What are the formulas you are using/have tried? How is the collection being sent (csv file attached, HTML table etc.)?

Thanks for getting back to me. 

1: I am using Office 365 Outlook to send the email

2: I am sending a TABLE

3: I have attached images of how I have set everyting up

The 1st image is of the way I have set up the code to collect the info to create the collection

The 2nd image - You see that the collection IS working because you see 2 unique entries

The 3rd Image is the code used to email the collection

Here is an image of the email the receiver actually gets. You see that it does identify 2 entries BUT it repeats the LAST entered entry as many times as there are entries in the collection. In this case - 2

Resolver III
Resolver III

The column name in your collection is RSM and I_IRDSM is the control.

So, when you say Concat(SampleReq2, "RSM: " & I_IRDSM... the I_IRDSM control's value will have the last data entered.  It is iterating though the collection the correct amount of times, just pulling the same data from the control I_IRDSM everytime.

Use the collection's column name, try:

Concat(SampleReq2, "RSM: " & RSM...

Thanks,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,332)