cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Issues With Emailing a Collection

Hi,

I am new to power apps but have gained some ground in the last 2 months and now I have hit a road block and was wondering if someone could help me? I have built a portion of my app where my regional sales managers can request product samples and send me an email notification. I have built the collection and can email my collection - NO PROBLEM. My problem is that My collection will ONLY email the latest entry. So lets say I have 5 Unique entries in my collection - When the email notification is sent - I will only see the latest entry - 5 times in a row, I don't get the rest od the unique entries in the email. Has anyone come across this before? Please help and thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Would you be able to provide a bit more detail about how you are sending the email? What service are you using (Flow, the Office365 connector etc.)? What are the formulas you are using/have tried? How is the collection being sent (csv file attached, HTML table etc.)?

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me. 

1: I am using Office 365 Outlook to send the email

2: I am sending a TABLE

3: I have attached images of how I have set everyting up

The 1st image is of the way I have set up the code to collect the info to create the collection

The 2nd image - You see that the collection IS working because you see 2 unique entries

The 3rd Image is the code used to email the collection

Highlighted

Here is an image of the email the receiver actually gets. You see that it does identify 2 entries BUT it repeats the LAST entered entry as many times as there are entries in the collection. In this case - 2

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

The column name in your collection is RSM and I_IRDSM is the control.

So, when you say Concat(SampleReq2, "RSM: " & I_IRDSM... the I_IRDSM control's value will have the last data entered.  It is iterating though the collection the correct amount of times, just pulling the same data from the control I_IRDSM everytime.

Use the collection's column name, try:

Concat(SampleReq2, "RSM: " & RSM...

Thanks,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,874)