Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jslsmithyx
Helper II
Helper II

Issues with Date Picker / Date Formats

Hello Community, 

I'm having some problems getting my dates to display / submit correctly using a Datepicker linked to a SharePoint List column configured as a date column. Searched multiple previous posts & tried many solutions but none have worked for me so far... 

Whatever I try, I cannot get dates to submit in a UK format to my SP list via a date picker. 

Dates displayed fine in the SP list itself (06/04/2020 = 06th April 2020) & initially displayed fine on the Datepicker, but whenever a new date is submitted it reverts to the US format & saves to the SP list as such. 

Things tried so far: 

Ensured SP Regional Settings are set to United Kingdom

Forcing the DatePicker format as "DD/MM/YYYY"

Setting language settings as "en-GB"

Setting the 'default' value on the Datacard itself as 'Text(ThisItem.'Target Release Date', "[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy]")'

I can't understand where the Datepicker is getting the US date format from. The one thing I have noticed is when hovering over the formula in the 'update' value of the Datacard, the opposite date format is shown:

PAPPS datepicker prob.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Joe 

10 REPLIES 10
jslsmithyx
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, 

I never managed to work out why dates are sometimes displayed in the wrong format on some devices - I think there is a local setting on those particular devices that overwrites what I code into the PowerApp.

I believe I made sure however that the dates were always submitted back to the data source in the UK format by configuring all my date pickers as below, with the circled element being the most important I think? 

So even though on some devices the date can be displayed in  the wrong format, the correct will always be displayed as it is always submitted back to the data source in the UK format. 

Good luck

Capture11.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,935)