cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValWol
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Portals preview

Hi everyone,

I'm evaluating Portals for my company and I'm trying to build a showcase webpage for this purpose.

But I'm running into problems with the Navigation. Both when I create new Sites or when I modify the sample pages the changes don't show up in the web navigation. I can reach new sites by using their URL.

Any ideas on what the problem may be and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Val

8 REPLIES 8
lucia
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey,

just a question, are you refreshing your datasource where you add your sites?

ValWol
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Is there a seperate refreshing process I should be doing outside the PowerApps designer or on the portals page? The problem persists after saving and logging out and back in as well if that helps.

The pages are obviously created and they display correctly if navigated to by URL.

Do you have this issue on Powerapps or on Sharepoint?

ValWol
Frequent Visitor

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe I should mention that it worked in the beginning with a couple of pages, which makes me feel like it's probably not a case of incorrect usage, but I find it hard to be sure because there seem to be few tutorials for beginners like me.

If you have URL on sharepoint you can modify the navigation bar. There should be an edit link button to do this.

ValWol
Frequent Visitor

I'm talking exclusively about portals webpages, unless I missed something I can't do a sharepoint URL for those?

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ValWol 

If the new pages that you add don't appear in the navigation, it could be related to browser caching. Have you tried refreshing the page in your browser with <Ctrl> F5 ?

ValWol
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

thanks for the suggestion. Yes I did. After you suggested this I even tried clearing my browser cache and trying again. No change.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (83,648)