Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Issues with PowerApps Forms | Forms are not rendering data in Edit/View Mode

Hello, 

We are experiencing issues with PowerApps Forms, where the form is not rendering data in an Edit or View mode.
The form keeps spinning, or renders out in blank mode.

Can any one help? How can we alert Microsoft about this... other people are experiencing same/similar issues.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Issues with PowerApps Forms | Forms are not rendering data in Edit/View Mode

Hello Everyone!

It seems the issue has been resolved.
It seems an update that was applied affected all browsers except IE.  They reverted the update, and it all seems to be back to normal 🙂

Here's additional info if you want the technical aspect of it:
===============================================

Title:
All users can't open custom PowerApps forms for SharePoint Online in most browsers User Impact: Users may have been unable to open custom PowerApps forms for SharePoint Online.

More info:
Users may have also been unable to open, edit or add new items in lists that contain forms customized in PowerApps. Final status: We've reverted the problematic update, and resources validated that impact was mitigated.

Scope of impact:
Impact was specific to users attempting to open the affected forms from browsers other than Internet Explorer. Start time: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 10:19 AM (3:19 PM UTC) End time: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 12:30 PM (5:30 PM UTC)

Root cause:
A recent service update was causing issues with opening custom PowerApps forms in SharePoint Online. Next steps: - We're reviewing the update to identify how impact was missed during testing to better prevent future recurrences. This is the final update for the event.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Issues with PowerApps Forms | Forms are not rendering data in Edit/View Mode

Hello Guys, 

We consulted with MS and they know it's a issue.
They're recommending to use IE for now until further notice.

Thanks

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here!
We are in an Apple Mac Environment only, so we can't use IE. We are on Chrome and Safari.

We just see the Loading Spinner of the Form, but nothing happens!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue encountered here to for our global environment! We have 1200 people in our organization across the globe who cannot access the List item view or edit mode in our Sharpoint and we do not have ability to use IE.

Setting the form back to the default allows them to view the items, but it's ALL of the columns in our sharepoint list (of which we have 100 columns of data, so not really an acceptable user experience).

Do we have an eta on the fix?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Everyone!

It seems the issue has been resolved.
It seems an update that was applied affected all browsers except IE.  They reverted the update, and it all seems to be back to normal 🙂

Here's additional info if you want the technical aspect of it:
===============================================

Title:
All users can't open custom PowerApps forms for SharePoint Online in most browsers User Impact: Users may have been unable to open custom PowerApps forms for SharePoint Online.

More info:
Users may have also been unable to open, edit or add new items in lists that contain forms customized in PowerApps. Final status: We've reverted the problematic update, and resources validated that impact was mitigated.

Scope of impact:
Impact was specific to users attempting to open the affected forms from browsers other than Internet Explorer. Start time: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 10:19 AM (3:19 PM UTC) End time: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 12:30 PM (5:30 PM UTC)

Root cause:
A recent service update was causing issues with opening custom PowerApps forms in SharePoint Online. Next steps: - We're reviewing the update to identify how impact was missed during testing to better prevent future recurrences. This is the final update for the event.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Everyone, 
It seems an update was applied that affected all browsers except IE.
However, it seems they have reverted the update and all seems to work for us as it should.
Hope everyone else is doing fine as well.
Thanks,

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Well, it was working properly again today, but now it's back to the same issue.

Not rendering data and just spinning when you click on the sharepoint item in the list with Chrome browser.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is not working on Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox for me since yesterday.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I checked again and it is Not working on Edge, IE and Chrome.  Issue is still there.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

In addition, don't know if anyone else has this additional problem, but I can't actually edit the form in powerapps either.  Trying to change a data card type and it times out, try to refresh data source and it times out.

Impacting our global organization - 1200 users can't access the list items right now, which we depend on for our business process automation to manage incoming requests.  I've reset the form to use the standard form but as we have over 100 columns in this sharepoint list, it's really a horrible user experience to hunt and peck to find the field you want.

Any ETA on the fix for this? Anyone in MS even recognize that this is still an issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,945)