cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ha-wold
Frequent Visitor

Issues with cascading combo box

Hello guys, I am encountering an issue with the combo box on the app that I am currently developing using Share point as Data source.

Scenario: I have 2 combo boxes which the combo box 1 is showing the results from Column A correctly. Now with my combobox2, the results should be dependent based from the selected result in combobox1 and this is not happening.

Below is my code in Items Property for combobox2:

Sort(Filter(Distinct('SP Name', ThisItem.'Ticket Number' = DataCardValue24.Selected.Result),Not(IsBlank(Result))),Result)

Hawold_0-1642602490932.png

However, if I use the following code below in my combobox2, it will return the results that I am expecting BUT it will not filter according to the selected value in combobox2:

Sort(Filter(Distinct('SP Name','Test ID'),Not(IsBlank(Result))),Result)

Hawold_1-1642602529488.png

Please advise.

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ha-wold
Frequent Visitor

This can be close. Updated my combo box2 formula to: 

Filter(Distinct(Filter('SP Name', 'Combo Box 1 ColumnName' = ComboBox2.Selected.Result),'ComboBox Two ColumnName'),Result)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Ha-wold 

You second formula you presented is not basing itself on combobox 1 at all.  That needs to be added in.

So, based on your first formula, the formula would be:

Sort(
    Filter(
        Distinct(
            Filter('SP Name'
                'Ticket Number' = DataCardValue24.Selected.Result
            ),
            'Test ID'
        ),
        !IsBlank(Result)
    ),
    Result
)

As a general note, this formula is yet another trip to the datasource.  Cascading combo and dropdown controls is best done with the GroupBy function, but I am not seeing the Items property of your first combobox to be able to offer a suggestion for that.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi @RandyHayes 

Thank you so much for your response. I actually tried the formula that you provided but it is still not showing the correct data based from the selection in combo box 1.

Hawold_0-1642649256226.png

From my Sharepoint:

Hawold_1-1642649291531.png

As for your question, below is the code in the combo box 1 property: 

Sort(Filter(Distinct('SP Name','Ticket Number'),Not(IsBlank(Result))),Result)

Please advise. Thank you!

Ha-wold
Frequent Visitor

This can be close. Updated my combo box2 formula to: 

Filter(Distinct(Filter('SP Name', 'Combo Box 1 ColumnName' = ComboBox2.Selected.Result),'ComboBox Two ColumnName'),Result)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,602)