Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasigouru
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issues with gallery control for inline editing

Gallery Control Issue  

Hello All,

Hope everyone is staying safe in these tough times. Wish things would go back to normal soon!!

I’m having issues with the gallery control. I’m using a gallery to display a collection from a SP list. It’s loading up fine and the new entries are added with no issues. But, when it’s coming to editing, I can only edit the first 5 rows. The keyboard is flashing and not letting me edit if any other row is selected. Please refer to the attached screen recording.

Just wondering, if there is any known issues or any limitations to the gallery control. The variable I’m using to change display mode of the text control is working fine. Just that it’s not letting me edit from row 6 onwards.

Any help/pointers are much appreciated. Will provide more details if needed. Thanks in advance!!

Sasi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sasigouru 

Can you try to move the nested gallery to outer and test?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SteveYao
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sasigouru 

Do you mean you cannot click edit button after 5 rows?

Hi Steve @SteveYao ,

Thanks for getting back.

I can click the edit icon and set the item to editable. However, when i select the text box to modify, the keyboard is not working. tried on ipad, PC and a windows tablet. The result is the same.

Did you get a chance to view the screen recording in the link? Attaching here as well.

Thanks

Hi @sasigouru 

Now I can see is the keyboard is flashing, then disappeared.

So the each item in gallery only show date time and a text input? 

Could you provide the formula for edit and tick button?

Hi @SteveYao ,

Yes, each item in this gallery is capturing the timestamp and the notes.

To give you more context, I'm currently building an for the field team to complete the service reports from field. The step has Master gallery nested with three more galleries, Job notes, resources and material. Each gallery will collect the data and patch to a SP list on clicking the save & close, of course excluding the blank rows. On selection from previous screen, the app will create a temp collection for each section to facilitate the repeating tables within the galleries. Data entry is fine. I'm able to submit as many as entries required. However, when editing the previously recorded lines, the app is not letting me go in to the text box after 5th row. the formulas as follows.

Select Icon from previous page:

This will collect existing entries from the SP list and adds a blank row to the collection for new entries. It also adds few columns for the variables i need to show edit/delete options as necessary.

ClearCollect(
        ThisSOJobNotes,
        AddColumns(
            Filter(
                MySPList,
                Title = MySOGalleryList.Selected.JobNumber
            ),
            "ShowAddIcon",
            false,
            "ShowEditIcon",
            true,
            "EditThisNote",
            false,
            "NewJobNote",
            false,
            "ExistingNote",
            true,
            "NewNoteAdded",
            false
        )
    );
    Collect(
        ThisSOJobNotes,
        {
            Title: "",
            DateTimeWorked: "",
            JobNoteDetails: "",
            ShowAddIcon: true,
            ShowEditIcon: false,
            EditThisNote: false,
            NewJobNote: true,
            ExistingNote: false,
            NewNoteAdded: false
        }
    )

Once the user is in the execution screen, the + icon will do the below.

Patch(
    ThisSOJobNotes,
    ThisItem,
    {
        Title: MySOGalleryList.Selected.JobNumber,
        DateTimeWorked: ClockTimerText.Text,
        JobNoteDetails: ThisSOJobNotesText.Text,
        ShowAddIcon: false,
        ShowEditIcon: true,
        NewJobNote: false,
        NewNoteAdded: true
    }
);
Collect(
    ThisSOJobNotes,
    {
        Title: "",
        DateTimeWorked: "",
        JobNoteDetails: "",
        ShowAddIcon: true,
        ShowEditIcon: false,
        NewJobNote: true,
        NewNoteAdded: false
    }
)

The edit icon in the gallery will set the editing mode

Select(Parent);Patch(ThisSOJobNotes,ThisItem,{EditThisNote:true})

The check icon will become visible and patches the changes made and sets the edit mode off.

Select(Parent);Patch(ThisSOJobNotes,ThisItem,{JobNoteDetails:ThisSOJobNotesText.Text,EditThisNote:false})

The display mode of the text input control is set to below.

If(ThisItem.EditThisNote=true||ThisItem.NewJobNote=true,DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.Disabled)

This is all working as expected. Only issue is if the number of items are more than 5, making changes to the text is not possible. 

Some use cases requires the job to be carried over few days. In that scenario, there will be changes needed to the data from the field or from the office. The same gallery mechanism will be used in the web app and rest of the galleries as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more details.

Appreciate your help. Thank you!!

Sasi.

Hi @sasigouru 

I just made an app with your formular, but I cannot repro the same issue as yours.

Please refer to the video recording.

Video_2020-05-05_111845.gif

That's strange. Can't figure out where mine's going wrong. I can see the text control changing the display mode and i can enter into field but not make any changes,

Hi @sasigouru 

Can the cursor be put in the textbox? If you copy some text, can it be pasted into the text and click the check button?

i can paste the ext if press and hold the mouse. I can even type in too. If i release the mouse then it;s not letting me. please see attached.

On a side note, should i be looking at the gallery template size? given the scenario it's a nested gallery

Hi @sasigouru 

Can you try to move the nested gallery to outer and test?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,170)