cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slan2018
Helper II
Helper II

Issues with submitting forms to Sharepoint

I've created a very simple app with forms from scratch and my data source is a Sharepoint list. I am getting the "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid" message when I try to SubmitForm at the end. I'm scratching my head as to what I'm missing here, but I'm sure it's something simple.

I have 7 screens and 6 forms (one on each screen but the last). All have the same data source (SP List). Only 1 field is required. This is essentially my form set up for each of the 6 forms. Also on each form i have the DataSource set as my SP list name and the Item set as Defaults('listname')

image.png 

I've granted everyone in my organization access to both my SP list and my App. 

image.pngimage.png

When I get to the screen before the confirmation I have a save button that has the OnSelect Property set as this: 

image.png

When I click it, I get the error. image.png

I'm sure i'm missing something simple. Any thoughts? 

Thanks,

Sara

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Drrickryp ,

I'm trying to troubleshoot similar issues (intermittent errors with submitting a single form to SPO) and found you reply quite interesting. Is in your experience Patching data to SPO more reliable than submitting a form? Also if we ditch a form, is there a good way to handle attachments being uploaded / removed (most info I could find talks about attaching images...).

Hi @v-tkmasz 

It depends on the situation.  For a simple list, it is usually easier to use an edit form.  In more complicated situations, Patch() is the way to go.  It becomes more difficult to patch correctly if the list contains complex fields like Lookup, Choice, People, etc. 

@Drrickryp 

Thank you, I think I will test out patching similar data set - I like the idea of being able to submit the sama data to two sources (adding built in redundancy). But do you have suggestion for patching attachments over?

Hi @v-tkmasz 

I'm sorry but I have no experience patching attachments.  Perhaps someone else can help with this but I would suggest posting it as a separate question.

slan2018
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks everyone, I was able to successfully use the Patch OnSelect

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,242)