cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom89
Level: Powered On

Items in dropdown

Hi all,

I have a dropdown that pulls its items from an excel file.

Is there a possibilty to add another value to that dropdown that is not in the excel file?

For example like this:  table1.countriesasia & ["France"; "Germany"]

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Items in dropdown

Hi @Thom89 

Please refer to the screenshot below. Using the expression below: 

ClearCollect(DropdownCollection,Distinct(TabelaFormulário,'Primeira Página'),Distinct(["Germany","France"],Value));
Excel Table Name: TabelaFormulário

Excel column: 'Primeira Página'

MicrosoftTeams-image (25).png

To add values in dropdown other than the ones retrieved from the excel, you can create a collection and use the same collection in dropdown "items".

This collection can be created either on page visible or some control action.

Note: Please make sure that when you are creating collection, all the different arrays need to be filtered out as results using the Distinct Function(like I have used in my formula), otherwise it will store the values in different column.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Thom89 

Please refer to the screenshot below. Using the expression below: 

ClearCollect(DropdownCollection,Distinct(TabelaFormulário,'Primeira Página'),Distinct(["Germany","France"],Value));
Excel Table Name: TabelaFormulário

Excel column: 'Primeira Página'

MicrosoftTeams-image (25).png

To add values in dropdown other than the ones retrieved from the excel, you can create a collection and use the same collection in dropdown "items".

This collection can be created either on page visible or some control action.

Note: Please make sure that when you are creating collection, all the different arrays need to be filtered out as results using the Distinct Function(like I have used in my formula), otherwise it will store the values in different column.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Thom89
Level: Powered On

It worked, thank you 🙂

Some further explaination since it is not 100% in the solution and some beginners might have trouble:

The explained ClearCollect( function from the solution needs to be executed at "OnVisible" of the Screen and the dropdown Items are then simply the Collection.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,235)