cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Items property of an abnormally functioning gallery

Hello,

I ask for your help because I don't know if "my problem" is really one.

So here it is, I have an application based on a SharePoint list. When I open the application, I have a vertical gallery (with a search bar and a sort button for the gallery) that filters the elements according to whether a person is mentioned in SharePoint or not. Inside if mentioned, the "Title" text box of the SharePoint list is displayed as well as a button that redirects to a new screen that displays the information of a "project" whose title is the text of the Title field of the SharePoint list.

My problem is the following: when I open the application when I want to access a "project" other than the first gallery project, it directs me to a new screen but always loads and displays the first gallery project. Moreover, when I go back and press again on a new project other than the first one in the gallery, the new loaded screen is the one I wanted and not the first one, everything has become normal again.

The Items property of my gallery is as follows:

SortByColumns(Search(Filter(Projects;'Users''Office365'.MyProfile().Mail in person1.Email ||'Users''Office365'.MyProfile().Mail in person2.Email);Text_to_search.Text; "Title"); "Title"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending)

and the property formula we select from my icon located in the gallery to direct me to my new screen is as follows:
Navigate(DetailScreen1; ScreenTransition.Cover) And Refresh(projects)

I hope I have been as explicit as possible

Thank you in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to the Refresh(projects) formula added in the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon in your Gallery.

When you click the "Navigate" icon in your Galley, the Refresh(projects) formula would be exeucted, and your Gallery would be refreshed/reset. In default, the first item in the Gallery would be selected, when the Refresh(projects) formula executed, the BrowseGallery1.Selected result would be reset to the first Gallery item.

On your side, please consider remove the Refresh(projects) formula from the OnSleect property of the "Navigate" icon in your Gallery. Set the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon to following:

Navigate(DetailScreen1; ScreenTransition.Cover)

Within your Detail Screen, set the Item property of the Display form to following:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

If the issue still exists, please consider add the following formula within the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon:

Set(SelectedItem, ThisItem);;

Set the Item property of the Display form to following:

SelectedItem

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to the Refresh(projects) formula added in the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon in your Gallery.

When you click the "Navigate" icon in your Galley, the Refresh(projects) formula would be exeucted, and your Gallery would be refreshed/reset. In default, the first item in the Gallery would be selected, when the Refresh(projects) formula executed, the BrowseGallery1.Selected result would be reset to the first Gallery item.

On your side, please consider remove the Refresh(projects) formula from the OnSleect property of the "Navigate" icon in your Gallery. Set the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon to following:

Within your Detail Screen, set the Item property of the Display form to following:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

If the issue still exists, please consider add the following formula within the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon:

Set(SelectedItem, ThisItem);;

Set the Item property of the Display form to following:

SelectedItem

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,782)