cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laela
Frequent Visitor

Items saved to Managed Metadata SharePoint Column are overriding data instead of adding it to the Managed Metadata column

Hi there, 

When I save my data to a Managed Metadata column in SharePoint, instead of adding items to the column, it overrides whatever data was in that column.

Here is my scenario:

I have a dropdown field for "Technologies" in my PowerApp. I use "Submit Form" to submit the form to its SharePoint List. 
However, I also want the "Technologies" dropdown field to also save to another SharePoint list. 

Say, for example, I choose "PowerApps" in the"Technologies"dropdown field and click save, it will save this on the SharePoint list: 
Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 12.13.25.png

If I select "Power BI" from the dropdown and save the form, I want it to add "Power BI" to the existing data (this does not happen using the Power App). 

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 12.13.37.png

Instead, what happens is that "Power BI" overrides the existing data ("PowerApps"). 

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 12.15.37.png

My Patch Function (I've replaced the names of items due to confidentiality): 

Patch('SharePointListName',
First(
Filter('SharePointListName',
Title = txtPersonField.DisplayName
)),
{
Technologies:
Table(
{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedTaxonomy",
TermGuid: txtTechnologyField.Selected.TermGuid,
WssId: txtTechnologyField.Selected.WssId,
Label: txtTechnologyField.Selected.Label,
Path: txtTechnologyField.Selected.Path,
Value: txtTechnologyField.Value
}
)

}
);

Is it possible to add items when saving to a Managed Metadata column instead of replacing the items? 

Kind regards, 

Laela 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,716)