Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZachRoberts
Resolver I
Resolver I

Iterate through collection to add a column to the collection

Hi All,

I have been struggling to get this to work and hoping I could get some help with the issue I am running into 😊

I have 2 tables below:

Table A

OrderIDTestID
001T01
001T02
002T01
002T03

Table B

TestIDDescription
T01T01 Desc
T02T02 Desc
T03T03 Desc

I have a gallery where a user will select the Order ID and when selected I am trying to create a collection like below which will store all of the tests and their descriptions for the selected order:

tests collection (for selected order)

TestIDTest Description
T01T01 Desc
T02T02 Desc

I run the below function to create this collection however I am stuck on how to add a column for the descriptions

ClearCollect(tests, Filter(TableA, OrderGallery.Selected.'order' in 'order').TestID)

I have looked into the ForAll and AddColumns function but I am unsure how I would iterate the function to add the description column to my collection so that the test in the collection also contains the description for it.

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ZachRoberts
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey I was able to solve this issue. 

I did some more googling and came across this post here: Solved: Re: Creating collection from multiple tables - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I followed the approach to create a separate collection where you would join the other 2 data sources in. Thanks everyone for your help 😊

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @ZachRoberts I might be missing the question if so my apology.

add a gallery and

Items = Filter(TableA ,OrderID=GalleryWhichUserWillSelectOrder.Selected.OrderID)

add the TestId and description labels, add another label and set its

text = LookUp(TableB, TestID = ThisItem.TestID,'Test Description')

GalleryA

rubin_boer_0-1613151696852.png

GalleryB

rubin_boer_1-1613151715843.png

GalleryC

rubin_boer_2-1613151740308.png

hope this helps

@rubin_boer  Thanks for the reply, sorry my initial question may of been confusing. 

Well that works for creating a gallery to display the tests and test descriptions for the selected orderID I am trying to get the description in a collection so I can output a table like below, there will be a button on this power app that allows a PDF of the order details and tests to be generated.

test collection (for selected order ID)

TestIDTest Description
T01T01 Desc
T02T02 Desc

Do you know of a way to get these items in the same table when I create that collection?

Thanks

ZachRoberts
Resolver I
Resolver I

@rubin_boer  I basically need to perform a join when creating my collection if that is possible with power apps. Should be able to join the data into a single collection since they should be relatable through the testID.

Thanks

ZachRoberts
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey I was able to solve this issue. 

I did some more googling and came across this post here: Solved: Re: Creating collection from multiple tables - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I followed the approach to create a separate collection where you would join the other 2 data sources in. Thanks everyone for your help 😊

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,233)