Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CanD
Helper IV
Helper IV

JSON and PowerApps?

Hello guys,

i have a little question and hope someone can help. I got a PowerApp-App in a ZIP-Folder. I could import the PA-App into my environment (lot of errors during a test run...). Now I saw in the same folder two JSON files.

Here some lines from it:

---(JSON file-1) -->   {"schemaVersion":"1.0","appDefinitionTemplate":{"id":"/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/","type":"Microsoft.PowerApps/apps","tags":{"minimumRequiredApiVersion":"2.2.0"},"properties":{"appVersion":"2019-02-28T10:21:34Z","lifeCycleId":"Published", .....

---(JSON file-2) -->   {"schema":"1.0","details":{"displayName":"AAppV2","description":"","createdTime":"2019-03-06T22:58:09.6861635Z","packageTelemetryId":"bc4a5bc3-4b0c-4414-b7a5-91f65ce4ca81","creator":"JS","sourceEnvironment":"Contoso M365x536693 (default) ....

Can anyone tell me what i have to do with these files? How and where do i have to import it? AND what does JSON and PowerApps have common? Why do i need these two JSON files?

Hope someone can help me... 🙏

Best regards,

CanD

6 REPLIES 6
rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CanD 

You do not need to extract the exported Power App zip file and see what files you have in it.

The errors may be related to different reason. 

Once you import the power app zip file, did you update the connections to the data source to reflect the data sources in the current environment? If not, please do it. If you still see the errors, provide the error information.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

@rsaikrishna 

Thank you really much for your answer.

I imported the ZIP-folder directly to PA and enabled all connectors which were needed.

When I start the app, the following error occurs:  "Server error. Serveranswer: Not a valid connector Error response." - i did a screenshot were you can see it.

I also started the app in PA studio. I do not know if the following error is the same as the one from above. Here is the error and i underlined it:

ClearCollect(collEnvironments; PowerplatformforAdmins.GetAdminEnvironment().value);; ClearCollect(outStandingRequests; CountIf(SandPitAccessRequests; RequestStatus.Value = "Outstanding"));; ClearCollect(collFlowEnvironments; Flow.ListUserEnvironments().value) 

--> Error Message(translated from german to english): "The ClearCollect function detects invalid arguments." AND "Call an invalid or unsupported function." 

The second error which is on an label:

"SandPitAccessRequests" (only that variable, it has the datatype of a table)

--> Error Message: "Error on the Server. Serveranswer: Error on SandPitAccessRequests. The remote name could not be resolved: "m365x5366...sharepoint.com"

I have put screenshots, hope it will help you..

Thank you.

rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CanD 

Can you try removing existing connections from the Power App and re-add them?

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

@rsaikrishna 

I could try but the problems is, there are some other apps and flows "behind" these connections. If i delete them, then the others would not work. I am a bit afraid to delete them.😅😅 Do you think the solution could be by re-adding them? Please don´t understand me wrong but if you reeeeeally think the solution could be this and there are no other solutions, then i will try to re-add.

Regards,

CanD

rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CanD 

I asked only to remove the connection from the imported app but not from Power Platform Connections section.

This is a community forum. So, consider it as an advise. As I haven't seen your app or environment, I may not know all the details of it. Based on my exposure, I advised you the above. It may or may not be the solution that works for you.  

Also, try anyone's suggestion in your personal tenant or in an environment which does not impact your DEV and PROD work. 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

@rsaikrishna  hope you didnt understand me wrong. Thank you relly much for helping me.

Can you please tell me where i find the connections from the imported app? Is it on the left side when i open the app in PA studio? If yesl, i cant find any connection in this app...

I will try to put it in an other environment and try it again.

As a supplement (addition) its this app i want to try in our environment --Link . Maybe you have seen it before.

Best regards

CanD

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,552)