Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Join two SharePoint lists / AddColumns - delegation problem

I have two SharePoint lists:

Person (Title)

Account (Title, Person)

• I need a gallery that shows all records from Person, and the Account title if one exists for that Person.
  • There will be more than 2000 records, so collections cannot be used
  • There will be more than 2000 records, so delegation is required on all queries
  • The join has to use the ID field, because the Title field in the lookup table will not be unique

Joining the tables using Person.Id is not delegable:

peteaxtell_0-1603359581057.png

I have read in a number of articles that you need to use Person.Value rather than Person.Id when using lookup fields in Filter/LookUp functions. So I have set the lookup field to have the ID as Person.Value:

peteaxtell_1-1603359653297.png

Joining the tables using .Value does not work, because you are comparing a string (Person.Value) with a number (Person[@ID]):

peteaxtell_2-1603359723063.png

Converting Person.Value to a number or Person[@ID] to text does not work, because the Text and Value functions are not delegable:

peteaxtell_3-1603359787889.png

This is the most basic form of join for two SharePoint lists. How can this be achieved without using collections and only using delegation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @peteaxtell ,

The Join Method you used is not delegable, that has been officially claimed from here .

However, if you just want to display the related field value in Gallery, there is no need to join the related field to table using AddColumns() function. Just add a Label in gallery and set Text property as follows, the related field value can be displayed well without any delegable warning.

LookUp(Account, Person.Value=Text(ThisItem.ID)).Title

Hope this helps.

Sik 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @peteaxtell ,

The Join Method you used is not delegable, that has been officially claimed from here .

However, if you just want to display the related field value in Gallery, there is no need to join the related field to table using AddColumns() function. Just add a Label in gallery and set Text property as follows, the related field value can be displayed well without any delegable warning.

LookUp(Account, Person.Value=Text(ThisItem.ID)).Title

Hope this helps.

Sik 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,388)