cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigmon
Frequent Visitor

Joing Tables in Power apps and entering data from multiple tables in one data card

Hi Guys, i'm pretty new to powerapps so before i start trying to build something, i want to see if the below scenario is possible. I have 3 tables:

1 customer table -  containing customer name, customer id

2 monthly figures - containing customer name, customer id, month_year, result

3 comments table  - containing customer name, customer id, month_year, comment

The relationship to all is the customer id.  I need to somehow write the data back to each table so i can eventually query the database and  pull out all of the relating data for each customer. 

I would like to build an app so the user can select the customer name, select the month, enter the result and enter a comment.  The user will only ever enter one result for each month, but could enter multiple comments for each month.  Is this possible in power apps and can this all be done in the same edit form and do any of you have any examples of this? 

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@craigmon 

Please check out my blog post on how to design the one to many relationships in PowerApps here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community-Blog/Relational-Database-Principles-and-Pow...  and how to implement them here.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community-Blog/Relational-Database-Design-fundamentals... 

It looks like you have a one to many relationship between customers and months/years and a second one to many relationship between months/years and comments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,315)