Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jovalles
Advocate II
Advocate II

Keep And sabe variable on a choice field from Shareponit List

Hello , 

anyone know how can i set a variable on a new form for a choice field from a SharePoint list , si when i submit the form keep the value until i reset it 

14 REPLIES 14
Chitrakant27
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi Jovalles,

variable name as per your choice .

Use this formula - Set(variable-name,dropdown.selected.value)

Thanks,

Chitrakant

Please accept as a solution , if this information help you.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jovalles ,

To ensure the form saves - use OnSuccess of the form and then

Set(
   YourVariable,
   Self.LastSubmit.ChoiceFieldName.Value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

I have this seted:

On the Datacardvalue: Default = If(IsBlank({Value:var});Parent.Default;{Value:var})

And in the Button1 for submit the form this: Set(varvar;DataCardValue1.Text) && Set(varcedi;DataCardValue9.Text) && Set(var;DataCardValue2.Selected.DisplayName) && SubmitForm(Form1);;Navigate(Screen3);;ResetForm(Form1)

It works but is not saving the choice field on sharepoint list.

I have other button for submit the final form that is reseting all the fields.

The main thing i want to do is , saving records with a button1 and some field still the same, and when i use Button 2 to submit the all the field reset. i hope you can understand me

I already have these seted, on the button save i had Ser(variable-name, datacardvalue.selected.displayname). 

this dropdown came from a field on sharepoint list user type 

@Jovalles ,

That seems to be a different question now - are you saying your field is not saving in SharePoint after the form is submitted ? Can you please provide

• The name and type (drop-down or combo box) of the control you are using to save it.
  • The Items of this control
  • The Default (Drop-down) or DefaultSelectedItems (Combo Box)
  • The Update of the Data Card it is on.
  • The name and type (I assume Choice) of the field in SharePoint

Yes of course.

I want to mantaing the data with a button save and reset with a button finish

ia have this 3 fields from a sharepoint list source:

Name: Title / Type: Text / Default: If(IsBlank(varvar);Parent.Default;varvar)

Name: cedi / Type: Text / Default: If(IsBlank(varcedi);Parent.Default;varcedi)

Name: UserAssigned / Type: User or group from O365 (is not a choice ) / DefautSelecteditems: If(IsBlank({Value:var});Parent.Default;{Value:var})/ items:Choices([@'sharepointlist Name'].Userassigned)/ Default: i have nothing i have in blank.

Button for save and maintaing the data: Set(varvar;DataCardValue1.Text) && Set(varcedi;DataCardValue9.Text) && Set(var;DataCardValue2.Selected.DisplayName);;SubmitForm(Form1);;Navigate(Screen3)

Button for save and reset: SubmitForm(Form1);;Navigate(Screen3);;Set(varvar;Blank()) && Set(varcedi;Blank()) && Set(var;Blank());;ResetForm(Form1)

Hi @Chitrakant27 ,

I just want the details for the item that is not saving - which one is that ?

Just this:

Name: UserAssigned / Type: User or group from O365 (is not a choice ) / DefautSelecteditems: If(IsBlank({Value:var});Parent.Default;{Value:var})/ items:Choices([@'sharepointlist Name'].Userassigned)/ Default: i have nothing i have in blank.

@Jovalles ,

What is the Update of the Data Card ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,302)