cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabehill

Keeping drop down list selections selected after closing app

Hello,

I'm building my first app and had a question on building a drop down list and a toggle. I have both used in the app I'm developing just unsure on how to make it so that when the app, specifically the drop down list and toggle, are altered that this is not reset when the app is closed. Trying to get the app to perform so that several users can alter the drop down list and when one of the others open it is still set at the last changes made by the previous user. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have a good day,

Gabe

1 REPLY 1
CNT
Super User
Super User

Hi @gabehill All selections made in the App are transient, meaning the changes will go away once the App is closed. If you want them to be persistent, you will have to store it somewhere. Probably in an Excel sheet, SharePoint List or Dataverse table. It depends on what you are trying to do and what resources you have at your disposal.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,505)