cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

KeyWord "This" on powerApps ?

I wunder if the KeyWord this like in java or in C# is existing on powerApps?
If its the case which keyword is it ?
if not i think it should be something really important to add.

Exemple : 
 i have a text area "toto"  toto.size =  if (Value(this.text) > 100 ;  60 ; 80).

Like that i can copie past my code in every text area i want to have this behavior.

Regards,
RobinLotz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

No, this does not exist; the closest thing is the Parent keyword, which gives the control to which "this" control "belongs". For example, if you have a button in a screen, referencing Parent in the button would give you the screen control; if you have a label in a gallery, Parent would reference the gallery, and so on.

If you believe this would help your apps, please create a new entry in the PowerApps Ideas board to have this feature in the backlog of the product team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

No, this does not exist; the closest thing is the Parent keyword, which gives the control to which "this" control "belongs". For example, if you have a button in a screen, referencing Parent in the button would give you the screen control; if you have a label in a gallery, Parent would reference the gallery, and so on.

If you believe this would help your apps, please create a new entry in the PowerApps Ideas board to have this feature in the backlog of the product team.

Self works today, as in: If(Self.Icon=Icon.Check, RGBA(0, 18, 107, 1),RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,322)