cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicholas
Regular Visitor

Keyboard Overlay

When my staff use the apps I have created on an android device, the on screen keyboard covers the inputbox they are attempting to use. I have tried adding onselect logic that alters the y coordnates of the control to no avail. Is there a way to fix this? It very quickly loses the feel of a mobile app when this occurs, as any other application on a phone is able to account for the keyboard opening and closing.

16 REPLIES 16
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Keyboard Overlay

Hi Nicholas,

What’s the version of the Android device? Have you tried with another device to run this app to see if you would get the same issue?

I run an app on my iPhone, and the version is 9.3.5, the keyboard doesn’t cover the Input box.

Please try to run this app on another mobile device to see if you could still get the same issue. Please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nicholas
Regular Visitor

Thank you Mabel, I have been out of pocket for the holidays, but I will test another device tonight. I, and many of my users are on various android devices. Mine in particular is a Galaxy s7 edge running 6.0.1.

The app is nothing more than a basic form posting data back to a sharepoint list. When an input box is tapped, the keyboard covers it completely.

I will reply with my findings on another device by Monday.

Again, thank  you!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi Nicholas,

Have you tested this issue on another device? And does it work properly?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hpkeong Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

In fact, Keyboard overlay issue can be easily overcome by sliding the screen and then you will be able to see what is underneath.

However, this is NOT soemthing users want. (Not user friendly).

If you look at PowerApps sign-in page itself, it already showed that PowerApps user sign-in and password sign-in also having keyboard overlaying on the input box. I DON'T WHY PowerApps team has not mentioned or improved this from DAY 1 until 343 days.

Meantime, the keyboard overlay issues (in my case), happened 50:50.

I am using (as well as my customers) highlighted to me that sometimes the input area will move up automatically when keyboard is pop-out but not all the time.

I wish PA can look into this even from the time you sign in to PowerApps.

(On all devices)

hpkeong
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hpkeong,

Thanks for your feedback about the keyboard overlay issue when sign in PowerApps. When I sign in PowerApps on my iPhone, I don’t get any keyboard overlay issue, but I occurred this on Android.

On Android Phone, the keyboard overlaying on the box when I fill in sign in account and password.

I will report this from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any roadmap ETA for this?  Still occuring on Android.

masonjrc
Frequent Visitor

Wondering if anyone found a solution to this? I'm still having this problem and can't find a fix

hpkeong Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @masonjrc

They have fixed the keyboard overlay for

- Sign-in

ONLU till today.

Keyboard overlay for data entry within the apps environment (screens) are yet to be resolved.

I wish PA will keep in their roadmap as this is a very UnUserFriendly Environment which is suppose not to happen for all kind of phone.

I suppose most of MS Staff use iPhone, where unlike other countries mostly use Android Phone.

Hope this will be worked out soon.

hpkeong
ddownes1968
Frequent Visitor

Is there any progress on this for Android devices?

The virtual keyboard covering the input text box is a major issue when trying to develop APPs.

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,090)