cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Keyboard Overlay

Yeah, this is really unfriendly to the user.  If you select any input field in the lower half of the screen it seems to shift the field to just above the keyboard but still cant access any field below that one without moving the focus away from the input. The worst field is the one just above the half way point.

I think the solution is that they need to identify the keybaord type, so that it includes the next (tab) rather than the Go function.

So bit of a budget workaround but I added a Check icon to the right of each field, the user feels like they need to check the box to submit the data.  In reality it just takes the focus off the input field and hides the keyboard so they can then select the next field.

Ideally there would also be a getfocus action, which would also resolve the focus on input field when loading the screen too.

Highlighted

I had this issue on iPhone, and it appears it’s the keyboard choice that is the problem. With native iOS keyboard it works fine, but with the google keyboard it get the overlay issue. Hope that helps!
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

There is still a problem on iOS with the keyboard and dropdown/person-lookup/comboboxes. The boxes drop below the keyboard so you can't see the options. 

Users must: 

• Click "Done" on the keyboard
  • Scroll up
  • Click the field again
  • Select the option

Pretty disjointed experience. I've been thinking of building my own keyboard and popping it up on the screen, but not yet. Any ideas? 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi all, this was an issue in 2016. Any update?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any update on this subject?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all. Any update? Is it still an issue or do we have a solution?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I am having this issue on my Samsung S10, my wife's Samsung Note but not on my iPhone. My work phone is a Samsung and many of my colleagues use android. Any help is appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,023)