cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Keyboard pops up on Android

I have an app that is pulling from a SPO Contact List. It is very basic. One screen shows all the contacts and you can dive deeper to the DetailScreen to see more information on that contact. Each time I click on the arrow to view more information I am taken to the Detail screen and it brings up my keyboard. There is nothing to edit on this screen. If i try and type there is no result. It just brings up my keyboard for no reason. The one repeatable behaivor that I have noticed is if I view the contact details, back out and look at that same contact the keyboard doesn't pop up the second time. Almost like it was cached??, I'm not sure. I have set every TabIndex to -1 but don't know what is triggering my keyboard when I view the details of an item. keyboard.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Keyboard pops up on Android

Thanks for clarifying that! with that information I went into my data fields and switched my 2 combo boxes from View Selection to View Lookup and that fixed the issue! I am not sure if there is other ramifications, but I also don't have any users editing these fields so I might not have any side effects.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @joshprokupek

Thank you for reporting this. I can confirm that this is an issue in the current release. It looks like if the form has at least one ComboBox control, it causes the keyboard to popup on mobile devices. A form with no ComboBox controls does not have this problem. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for clarifying that! with that information I went into my data fields and switched my 2 combo boxes from View Selection to View Lookup and that fixed the issue! I am not sure if there is other ramifications, but I also don't have any users editing these fields so I might not have any side effects.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

That is a good workaround too. Using LookUp instead of ComboBox controls should work temporarily, until we fix the ComboBox issue. Please note however that the LookUp control is considered a "legacy" control and it may not support all the latest functionality. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Then make it so I don't need a workaround 😉

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue and if an update is going to fix it, then I don't really want to change my combo box control to a look up control.  Please keep us posted on when an update to fix this might be available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,198)